I already posted about a plank challenge I’m beginning today. I feel like I have to balance it with something for my lower body. Therefore, I am also going to do a 30-Day Squat Challenge.
The squat, if done correctly, will not only work your legs, butt, and hips; but will also engage your lower back and abs.
Like the squat challenge, we start small on day one (30 squats) and build up to 175 squats on day 30. (Yikes! That sounds like a lot!)
Here’s how to do a squat as paraphrased from 30 Day Fitness Challenges:
- Stand tall with your feet hip-width apart. Your arms should be down by your side.
- Lower your body by pushing your hips back and bending your knees and pushing your body weight into your heels
- Raise your arms out in front to balance yourself as you lower your body.
- Keep your spine neutral. Don’t let your knees go over your toes.
- Be sure your lower body is parallel with the floor and your chest is lifted, not rounded.
- Pause, then slowly lift to starting position, controlling your movement on the way up.
Will you join me for this challenge as well? Let’s do it together!
Grace and peace!